Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 12:16 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post hoses UNDER the intake manifold???

Hello
any one has a pictures of his car when the intake manifold is not instaled?
My car is not the same as on the pic My86 Mg1 SG07 ilusttration 107-25 on PET. the hose number 14 is conected to idle valve and then goes dierectly to intake manifold all the stuff like teh other hoses and pipes #2,#9,#10 do not exist and it do NOT conect to the second hose that goes to intake manifold too. (the one between #3 and #4 cylinder
This is hose #12 on PET.
I must know where and how to conect teh hose number 12 it goes somewhere on the rear of the engine but the pic I made before I took the piopes out is not clear and do not show where it conects. The My 88 and on car must have a different piping (according to PET) is thsi true?
My car do not have teh pipe #12 for sure !!!!
Konstantin
Old 02-13-2003, 05:22 PM
G951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My '89 951 has none of those hoses either. I freaked when I saw a picture of an earlier 951's hoses under the intake. But i compared all hoses from the earlier 951s to mine and found that they all get routed to the same places. I have no venturi pipes or anything of that sort - just these two hoses which makes it very simple.

There should be two hoses coming off the intake manifold. One (A) goes to the idle stabilizer. that's pretty simple.

The other hose (B) that comes out of the intake manifold goes directly to the brake booster/master cylinder. Trace the line coming out of the master cylinder and you'll find it along the firewall.

These are the only large diameter hoses that exist in my '89. Assuming that you don't have any of the hoses you mentioned then i'd say that your car is set up similar to mine.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:20 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THANKS. My car is the firts build in 08.1984 but it seems that I have the newer set up!!!
Anyway it was a prototype so who knows what they did with it at Weisach.
I need to conect it to the brake booster.
Got knows why they did all these strange hose routing in the -88 cars??????

Konstantin

Quick Reply: hoses UNDER the intake manifold???