Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

so many turbo options... but which one???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 05:50 PM
G951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post so many turbo options... but which one???

it appears as though i've got most of the performance products on my 951 save for larger injectors.

Now, i'm looking for a turbo. Price isn't as important as reliability, ease of installation and customer support.

I'm looking at about 350 rwhp. there seems to be a turbo topic brought up every week but who and why?

Of particular interest is technodyne's GT25 upgrade. but i've heard it is non rebuildable. and it does run some pretty high boost. nevertheless, it seems like a pretty nice upgrade.

Turbonetics seems to offer about a dozen different turbos but it seems as though there are only a handful of guys running one or two of the turbos that turbonetics offers.

My car is a weekend car hopefully also being able to give me full time use towards DEs and autoxes.

so, to put this into perspective, i'd like to hear what some 951 owners who have had their turbos upgraded tell me their likes and dislikes. also, did you end up upgrading again later? and those who haven't and are waiting, what turbos are you interested in?

thanks!
Old 02-11-2003, 06:17 PM
phlip
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevin at Majestic Turbo in Waco, Tx explained more to me, more clearly, in a ten minute phone call, then I have learned while pullnng wrenches for 20 years for a living. They can do KKK, Garrets, hybrids, and have a lot of experience on cars like ours with other mods already in place. His number is 1-800-231-5566. I talked to him yesterday and feel very confident he is going to build the right turbo for the 3.1 16v engine I am building.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:06 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
I will second phil's comments, I have also talked to Kevin and for 700 bucks is planning on building me a hybrid good for about 325ish and 350 with the boost way up.
-use kkk housing and mill it out to fit garrett internals, stage 3, 46 or 50 trim, bolt up w. minor water line differences, 360 degree thrust bearing. thats a brief rundown, hes great to talk for an opinion on where to start at...
(also waiting to see what the guru boys can offer)

Quick Reply: so many turbo options... but which one???