Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

I'm going to build an Engine!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 09:27 PM
BoostGuy951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They made the headgaskets for Guru, not sure about Cometic.

I spoke with Neil today about what was going on with the build. There is alot of new stuff.

I think Travis is working on a post explaining alot of what is being done, but I recommend that if anyone wants to know right away, call Neil and ask about what is being done to Simon's engine.

Performance Developments: (949) 646 7461
Old 06-17-2003, 09:30 PM
Steve Lavigne
Three Wheelin'

Hmm... does that mean that Huntley sources their headgasket from Cometic? RCLDesign, can you help us with this?
Old 06-17-2003, 10:33 PM
rcldesign
Racer

Well, since I'm apparently a Huntley Employee, no. 'We' have our own laser cutting facility on site. 'We' also own one of those places where they melt down raw material, then mix them to form alloys, and we pour sheets of the material. Then it goes over to the laser cutting area where it is precisely cut. After that, our on-site chemists mix up some Viton coating and coat the gaskets. Then they dry by some propriatary process that 'we' patented. All of this is 100% on site. The mine where we obtain the ore is in the back, and we also use recycled metals from the recycling facilities next to the offices.

Actually, I have no idea where Huntley gets stuff like that. The only mechanical things I'm familiar with (as far as their sourcing goes) are pistons (JE) and rods (Pauter). They get their EFI stuff from the respective manufacturers, and their tools are all from SnapOn (not that they sell their tools, but they're all SnapOn).

This is how I get stuff for my 951 from Huntley... I walk in, sit down in front of Derrek and say "Hey... I was thinking. I want _______ put on my car." Then he says "Ok. Give me $_____". Then I walk out of his office to the secretary and say "Hey, can you charge my card that's on file $______?" She says "Sure. Hang on a sec and I'll get a reciept for you too."

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help than that. You could call them and ask someone that works there if you want: (619) 448-3800.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:21 AM
Derrek Khajavi
Racer

Actually the 'ore' is STORED in the back of the building, the mine is in France but we are looking for a more patriotic US based mine! The Huntley Garrett turbos do come from the mine on the SIDE of the building, easy to mix up though. Still, get your facts strait!! Don't forget that with every FMJ gasket you get a chance to find a golden ticket for an exclusive never before seen inside tour of the Huntley Racing Secret Factory!!
Old 06-18-2003, 12:46 AM
rcldesign
Racer

Here's where I'm confused... is free chocolate and other candy available with the golden ticket? And, if I find one of these golden tickets, do I then get to own the company?
Old 06-18-2003, 01:43 AM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK Charlie, let's hear a little about this motor. I don't want to call and waist someone's time on the phone just for amusement since I have no pot to **** in.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:11 AM
rcldesign
Racer

Well, when its all said and done, I'll start bragging about it... how's that?
Old 06-18-2003, 10:33 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*knock knock*

Anybody have any info, M42racer?
Old 06-19-2003, 03:25 AM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
adrial,

I am out of the loop now. I'm glad too. At times it gets a little to hot for me.

Travis will inform you guys on whats happening. I know he is now helping out a lot here. I do know that some parts are done and others were put back a little because of the Link Triggering problem.

Ask Travis and he will tell.

Quick Reply: I'm going to build an Engine!!