Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Garret Hybrid turbo build for 350RWHP?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 01:19 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"ANYWAY, I'm sure you've noticed the differing information for the 'injector type' field. Wonder the significance of that? "

That's 'Peak & Hold' injectors at 2.5 and 4.6 ohms. Not sure if they actually measured the impedance or if they got it out of the service manual.

The manual is incorrect by the way. It says you should measure 2.5 ohms of resistance on the injectors. However no one has actually ever measured a 951 injector at that rating. Real-life measurements show it to be between 4.5-5.5 ohms.
Old 04-29-2002, 04:51 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
David, I will take the chanse for now. I've started this whole thing with a goal to keep the car cheap (was shooting for $5k flat for a trackworthy car).

Including roll bar, race pads, ss lines, new master cylinder, koni sports/bilstein sports, bushings, tie rods, turbo water pump, interior bits, wheel spacers, gauges, boost/vacuum lines, hoses clamps, etc. so far (including purchase) I've got $5100 in the car. It looks like by mid next week I should have about $5400 in the car, making a little over 290 at the crank. I will dyno it after state inspection, probably sometime early next month. Anyway, today I turned up the boost to about 18 psi with the stock K26 (can't feel a power increase past about 15.8+ or so), and the fuel mixture was still on the rich side, all the way to 7100+rpm. I've only got an open exaust, and chips, as well as a disconnected wastegate. Considering that's at stock fuel pressure, I think I'm going to get mine blue printed, matched, cleaned etc. for the time being.

Danno, that's pretty interesting. I remember hearing something about the ressistance of the injectors, and the factory manuals I guess it was that they don't match... I'm by no means an expert on this issue, but with this information it looks like I agree with the different flowing injectors in 944t's theory. I think I can pretty safely assume that I've got the 'better' ones judging by what I've posted above.
Ahmet
Old 04-29-2002, 07:12 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote]Originally posted by Danno:
<strong>Luke doesn't count because he's got a special one-off top-secret-agent car that defies all logic... </strong><hr></blockquote>

To all,

Old 04-30-2002, 12:20 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's to you LUKE as another sub-drinking-aged Porsche Turbo owner!

I'll be 21 in July. Hopefully by then I will be as fast as I want to be.. yeah right!

Quick Reply: Garret Hybrid turbo build for 350RWHP?