Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

968 Turbo S for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 02:13 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the price is about 50% less than what other wants;-)

check your email for more infos

Konstantin
Old 07-21-2002, 05:37 AM
951carter
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Konstantin,
I tried to reply via direct e-mail, but it would not give me your address.

I would agree that the price is fair, and it is a truly wonderful example. I have to say that I am truly shocked by the price to ship it to the states @ boat! I would have thought it would be 10 times that much! Now I am going to have to start shopping in Germany for cars. I have paid more than that for shipping cars in the states!

I am going to have to talk to the wife, I really desire a 968 turbo, and this seems like a very affordable way to get into one. I am sure that she is going to tell me that I have to sell some cars first, so maybe I will get busy on that =(

Have you had many serious offers for the car? I would imagine that you have been swarmed with "tire kickers".

How long have you had posession of the car? Also, when were the turbo parts fitted?

Thank you for your time.
Carter

P.S. I bet that IS A BLAST ON THE AUTOBAHN, you lucky fella..........I am green with envy.
Old 07-21-2002, 07:02 AM
pig4bill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unless you track it only, don't you have to get it federalized? Since that version was never imported into the U.S., I'm guessing that's going to be the expensive part.
Old 07-21-2002, 11:51 AM
Tabor
Drifting

[quote]Originally posted by Konstantin:
<strong>we do not use cup holders in Europe. No time for drinking at the Autobahn;-)</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have seen the pictures of the autobahn with traffic STOPPED and people out of their cars talking to one another.

PS- Konstantin, you are a great asset to the board with your factory connections. Thanks for being here. Oh, and the 968 turbo helps too.
Old 07-21-2002, 02:07 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

[quote]Originally posted by Tabor Kelly:
<strong>

I have seen the pictures of the autobahn with traffic STOPPED and people out of their cars talking to one another.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

yes this hapen 2-3 times in the summer when everybody want to drive to south Europe at the same day!!! HOLIDAYS :-))

Otherwise is ok especially staurday night;-) WOT till the engine blows, no police an no trucks on the road from 10:00 PM saturday till 10:00 PM sunday.

you can either federelize the car as a show car or like a 968 coupe with a bigger engine and the 968 Turbo body kit (which we did in Germany and it worked)

Both is possible.
of course as a race car is not a problem to have it at all and it is very easy. It cost $1000 for the EPA and 2.7% tax of the selling price, that's all.

or you can swap the parts to a US VIN car and sell the other car or.... there are are many option some of them 100% legal, some semi legal some not legal ;-)

Konstantin
Old 07-21-2002, 02:12 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

An email at k.kotitsas@tu-bs.de should work. At Least I got so mane email from other about the car. I think most of the people want just to know the price but do not want to buy the car.
The car will get a major service at Porsche before selling it.
the first conversion was done when the 968 Turbo came out. The second conversion with the new engine tranny etc was done 12 driving months ago. The car is driven only at nice weather and not in the winter.

Konstantin
Old 07-21-2002, 09:45 PM
tecart
Pro

can you email me the asking price in us dollars and how much to ship it to new york if you know, i even like the color

Quick Reply: 968 Turbo S for sale