Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

SSI ball joint kit still available?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 07:40 PM
JET951
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts
Default SSI ball joint kit still available?

Hi Guys as the with the title, are the SSI ball joint kits still available? i have tried to email SSI but got no reply
thanks
Sean
Old 07-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Travis at rennbay has a very nice kit.

http://www.rennbay.com/ball-joint-re...kits-c-30.html
Old 07-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Aatos
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like 9products just came up with a really nice rebuild kit. It looks cool and apparently can fix out worn out control arms too!

Old 07-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Just purchased the Rennbay track kit. Better than spending $600.00 otherwise. That now goes with the new 3" garrett Turbo, and Mtune kit. Power, more power.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:46 AM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Aatos
Looks like 9products just came up with a really nice rebuild kit. It looks cool and apparently can fix out worn out control arms too!

Awesome! I'm going to have to contact them about their kit. I have their shifter in my car and they are absolutely great to deal with.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the track kit from Paragon installed on my '86 along with new inner/outer tie rods and saved a lot of $$$. That new 9products kit looks awesome!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks like the upper bushing sticks up out of the top of the pocket which would reduce the range of movement in the ball joint. The major problem with stock ball joints, even with their full range of motion intact, is that they tend to run out of room and bind on lowered cars. It looks like these would run into the same problem but on stock ride height cars and would probably result in catastrophic failure on a lowered vehicle.
From the pic they look similar to our track kit but I hope that no one mistakes them for our product, which is available from paragon, 944online, automotion, etc... .
Old 07-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CurtP
Awesome! I'm going to have to contact them about their kit. I have their shifter in my car and they are absolutely great to deal with.
I installed a german made kit to one of my customers 951. This kit was nice, but still i wasnen't satisfied. Talked with my friend Antti who owns 9Products here in Finland. I asked him add some fetures most of the rebuild kits does not have. We studied very closely good condition oem parts, several competititon rebuild kits. Antti told me he can build a kit for me with all the features i asked, from the picture you can see the final version is like factory one.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Olli Snellman
from the picture you can see the final version..
If they will be producing these? I sincerely hope that the pictured unit is NOT the final version. What I said above should be looked at and corrected before this ever sees any type of on car use.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:32 AM
ant771
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
If they will be producing these? I sincerely hope that the pictured unit is NOT the final version. What I said above should be looked at and corrected before this ever sees any type of on car use.

The range of the movement in the prototype unit is minus 1 degree compared to OEM. The final version that is in manufacturing stage now does allow bigger movement.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Your welcome.

BTW, 1 degree of ball pin travel at the end of it's range is equal to almost an inch of vertical travel at the spindle. It's progressive as the arm leaves the horizontal plane.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:06 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
Your welcome.

BTW, 1 degree of ball pin travel at the end of it's range is equal to almost an inch of vertical travel at the spindle. It's progressive as the arm leaves the horizontal plane.
What Travis failed to mention was that you should also become a site sponsor, like him, before you advertise/answer about your products on a site you're not supporting but competing with products supplied by other supporters. I'm not sure that a grammatically correct sentence but the logic was sound.

Quick Reply: SSI ball joint kit still available?