Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

I'm finally down to the little projects

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 06:11 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 351 Posts
Default I'm finally down to the little projects

I polished the tail lights with one of those Meguire's head light polishing kits and replaced a burned out tail light bulb today.

The TEPO (The Evil Previous Owner) had tinted the tail lights red, which I detested. So I used some fine grit wet sand paper to remove the tint. Unfortunately that left the tail lights looking flat and dull.

None of the local 944 Spec racer guys had any decent used tail lights and all the other used ones were more than I wanted to spend. So I figured I'd try one of the head light polishing kits, if it can polish head lights, it can polish tail lights, right?

Easy to use, worked out really well! Tail lights are very smooth and no longer look dull. Also replaced one of the parking light bulbs that had burned out.

Next up is replacing the blower motor resistor pack, as cleaning it with battery acid didn't help.

Over the off season I'll rebuild the brake calipers, get the car aligned/corner weighted and replace the radiator.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Wish i could be working on the little projects right now! So tempted to have an LS1 put in so i dont need to spend my days bent over the engine or with my head stuffed up under the dashboard.

Those resistor packs for the blower are a pain. Cleaned mine a few times, works fine for a few weeks but on really hot days it will crap out, only working on 4.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:45 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 351 Posts

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed with the non results of cleaning the resistor pack. I'm going to try to get a good used one before I spend the cash for a new one.

Quick Reply: I'm finally down to the little projects