Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Banjo Bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 06:12 AM
Robwsup
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Banjo Bolt?

Does anyone have a picture of the banjo bolt, and cycling valve, and where they are in the car? I just want to make sure I am looking at all the right things. I am in the middle of a clutch replacement and my wastegate is sitting on my bench, so I was thinking of shimming it 3-4mm. If there is a "jet" in my banjo bolt, it needs to be removed, correct?

Robert
Old 07-15-2002, 10:05 AM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

The banjo bolt in question is the big ol' thing on the turbo to intercooler hard pipe. The cycling valve is a brown and tan plastic cylinder about 2" in diameter and it's under a bunch of stuff at the back of the motor (wiring harness/head heater hose fitting/vacumn lines/etc. Shimming the wastegate would be in conjunction with, not necessarily in replacement of other boost control measures like the banjo bolt jet. Remove it if you're replacing it with a LBE or MBC or EBC.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:13 AM
951Racer
Addict
Rennlist Member

After 5 days at the Glen I needed some engine work so you are in luck for seeing the cylcing valve. It is normally under the back side of the intake bolted to the bracket: It is the tan and brown item in the middle of the pic:

The banjo bolt is on the Turbo to IC pipe. It is the bolt into the IC pipe with the blue/red LBE attached to it. I held in place where it would normally go...

Quick Reply: Banjo Bolt?