Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

I drove a Boxster "S" last night...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 10:14 PM
aka 951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 02 Boxster S and an 88 Turbo S. The two are completely different cars. The turbo S, even stock is quicker on the highway (like from 60-100) at least it feels that way. Around town the Boxster is much more comfortable and handles extremely well. Its probably the best point and squirt car built today. I like the Boxster but its not built as well as the older Porsches. The engine might as well say "Subaru" on it - its that poorly made and designed. I, along with just about every other Boxster owner have had a leaking rear main seal replaced (15k). If I wanted more power I'd have to cross my fingers as the engine internals are weak compared to the 944 and older 911s. Like they say, they don't make em like they used to!
Old 07-02-2003, 01:32 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Yea they sure don't make them like they use to!! Even the CEO is bragging about how they make the most profit per vehicle then any other manufacture. This tells me they are cutting corners some where!! I was in the new show room not to long ago and I was disgusted by the build quality of the 996's and boxsters. Yuck if you ask me. My moms Jeep doesnt even use as many cheap plastic parts as the 996 or boxster uses. I shut the door in either of the new Porsches and it just doesnt have the solid feel like it use too. Oh well I will only purchase Porsche up to the 993 and maybe a boxster cause they look like fun cars.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:36 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FYI it doesn't have the same solid feel as it used to cause they got rid of the door frame...

And they moved the door latch from external to internal...thats where the famous porsche door close clunk went.

Quick Reply: I drove a Boxster "S" last night...