Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

new toy!! - HyperBoost DV (Adjustable Diverter Valve) from Stratmosphere

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 01:48 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post new toy!! - HyperBoost DV (Adjustable Diverter Valve) from Stratmosphere

A friend of mine does a lot of work for Stratmosphere, he recently gave me one of their diverter valves... First impressions from driving was, well, crisper shifts - that is, boost seems to build faster after shifting, and throttle response was improved (that is, when you go to WOT it seems to "hit" harder/faster).

It's a VERY easy install for those who are wondering:

remove the vacuum line (rubber hose end on hard line).

remove the hose clamp on the line coming from the boost pipe (intercooler out, to throttle body)

remove the hose clamp on the other end of that line (going into the stock DV)

remove that small 90 deg elbow/hose and then loosen the clamp holding the DV to the J-pipe (I think that's what the rubber piece coming from the MAF going to the turbo is called). pull up on the stock DV to remove.

new DV installed (the workmanship is AMAZING, it's just the sexiest DV i've ever seen hehe). perfect fit - however i was concerned about the fit under the hood w/ the adjustable top, so I put on the non-adjustable one for now...

If anyone wants one of these let me know and I'm sure I can get you in touch w/ the right people at stratmosphere
Old 12-04-2002, 08:33 AM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
dmoffitt,

I have a non-adjustable pop off valve from Stratmosphere and it works great.

Like you describe, my valve has a removable top. I assume this is for manitenance and rebuilding. When I received the valve, no instructions were included.

Are these valves re buildable? What maintenance is required?

Inside there is a piston with an o-ring for the seal. A great design, no diaphram. Does the o-ring require periodical lubrication? What lube is used?

Since it appears that you know someone at Stratmosphere, perhaps you could ask them these questions.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:50 PM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes it's for maintenance access - they suggest every 20k you get a tube of Mobil 1 grease for the piston. other than that, the o-rings and seals don't need replacing as with the spring (however, you can buy different tensions if you really wanna tweak hehe).

Quick Reply: new toy!! - HyperBoost DV (Adjustable Diverter Valve) from Stratmosphere