Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Called it on 8/15. Do I win something?
Old 09-01-2011, 03:12 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

If it makes you feel any better I spent 3 month during my build bleeding my clutch and it turned out to be the spring on the pedal that was adjusted wrong

My fluid line is well flushed though!

Jason
Old 09-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

A slight update, have put over 300 miles on the car over the last few days and it is running great. Still have the stock rail on the car and the problem has not come back since. I have another fuel pressure damper coming in from Dave wednesday which i will swap over onto the fuel rail. Even with the diaphragm damaged like that i am surprised this was an issue still as some fuel setups dont even run a damper. So when i put the other rail on with the new damper later this week it will be interesting to see what happens!

Anyhow i have really been enjoying driving the car finally. This is the first time in over a year where everything has been running perfect.. last year it was a leaking headgasket, this year was this fuel related issue.

So along with the rebuild, i replaced many other parts as a result of tracking down this fuel issue.. literally everything under the hood (and under the gas tank) is new. Makes me wonder if i should just sell the car now while i am ahead.. .
Old 09-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Time to sell the fuel rail with a troublefree damper and cash in for some fuel
Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Got the new damper tuesday, my curiosity got the better of me and i took it apart to see how the internals should look..

Put the rail back on earlier, only put about 15 miles on the car but i can say with almost certainty the problem is gone, no issues with the AFR at all. Cant believe how much grief one rubber diaphragm caused.

Almost done tuning the car, hopefully i can make one or two track days before the end of the season.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:58 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

A happy ending after all... I'm about done with the script/program we discussed. Except it got fancier than I intended .
Old 09-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Cool beans, thanks for all your help John. I had the car briefly out running the changes to the AMP column you suggested, a value of 1.5 seems about perfect for the 9+ psi range. Only got on it briefly in 3rd but AFR was steady at 11.7 running 11psi. When it dries up ill start turning up the boost a little more .

Quick Reply: Need help figuring this out; lean spot at ~3k rpm