Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

AL torque tube, installed and initial impressions....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 01:21 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts
Thumbs up AL torque tube, installed and initial impressions....

This weekend my car touched the ground after quite some time on jack stands, and one of the new additions was the AL torque tube from Dave Miller (Davd951 on the board).

And I just wanted to give a quick write up of the first 100 miles I put on the tube and the install.

Install is as strait forward as a torque tube install can be, and for those who have done it know it is a PTA, but it can be done it not too much time. 1 Day should be more than enough. Dave installed this one as I finished up the wiring of somethings inside the car.

But the fit and finsh of the tube is top notch, its a shame that its hidden under heat shields and the exhuast. Dave got some pictures and hopefully we can get those up here before too long.

My old tube had a bearing going (maybe 2) so the car is much smoother than it was before and there is no additional vibration through the tube.

The only negative is that I don't have any exhuast hangers now off the tube because of the slightly larger AL tubing, so I do get a little exhuast chatter, but that might be do partly to my blown motor mounts (being replaced wed). It is going to be easy enough to make a new mount for the hangers, but for now it is without. So its a rather small negative that I can remedy very easily.

Overall I couldn't be happier with the product and will be testing it out over next few weeks to see how it holds up to my new Stage II MAF from Vitesse (write up coming on that one soon).

Any questions for me, ask away here or email me ian_klass@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: AL torque tube, installed and initial impressions....