Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Cold air is fast air! (In the intake)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 11:10 AM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote] The biggest problem I see is the consumable nature of CO2. My guess is that a full tank would be short lived. Kind of like NOX. Fun while it lasts but.... <hr></blockquote>

Derrick hit the nail on the head. My friend (local WRX tuner) Booger just came back from some industry show (GRI ?) and there he spoke at length to the folks at DEI who make this kit. With the valve on the tank full open and the full throttle switch on, the inline cryo cooler will "burn" through the CO2 in THREE minutes. Ouch. However in the quarter mile world or the occaissonal street race (did I say that?) 3 minutes WFO is an eternity. Booger said the bulb gets freakin' cold too.
Old 12-08-2002, 01:39 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please extend my thanks to your friend 'Booger'. And my sympathies for his unfortunate name. Hopefully his brother 'Loogie' and cousin 'Hork' will test out the product soon.

"With the valve on the tank full open and the full throttle switch on, the inline cryo cooler will "burn" through the CO2 in THREE minutes"

You know that's not as bad as it seems, at least for my purposes (I've got a Perma Cool 8" 600 CFM fan here for my top mount cooler). If you could actuate the flow of CO2, and rig it up to an air temperature sensor, say for some temperature you deem to be too 'hot', you might have a pretty decent safeguard against detonation or, if you're ambitious, a starting point for upping your boost.

PS: I know you guys with 944s who have fairly sophisticated electronics may not have to worry so much about the detonation gremlin on your setups (cause you have so many good kits available i.e., Guru Racing) but for us guys with more primitive cars, this solution might be useful.

Quick Reply: Cold air is fast air! (In the intake)