Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

86 951..whats it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 02:32 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Red face 86 951..whats it worth?

I dont want to do this, and dont yet know if I have to,(prob wont) but at this point the car is just collecting dust. I know if I sell it I will end up wanting to buy it back...but that will be a good reason to buy a black on black 89 turbo S in a year.

The car has 118,XXX on it. Without running thru the receipts I can say over 15,000 dollars invested in the last 3/4 years easily. So much has been replaced its overwhelming! (The receipts are in Evansville w/car 4 hours away) I daily drove this car 7 months out of the year. But since its engine rebuild about 35,000 miles ago and it only failed one time..a throttle position sensor which cost $60.00 and she was fine.
Upper engine rebuild,timing belt,water pump, brakes, clutch, power steering, motor mounts, control arms, new headers, radiator, coolant expansion tank, brake lines, all new hoses, fuel lines, electric water pump for turbo the list seriously goes on and on..Oil changed every 2500-3000 miles Mobil 1.
Upgrades include factory 17 996 wheels, so3pp
Autothority stage 2 chips, LBE, red momo steering wheel, huntley gauge plate with vdo boost gauge and arm1 air/fuel meter, custom exhaust, no cat converter, carbon fiber dash, 968 wing with brakelight, random aluminum pieces, brand new clifford alarm with remote unlock/trunk release, stainless harness bar with 2 red camlock 5-point harnesses, new leather shift boot, red turbo embroidered floormats, always lexoled.
1 minute dash crack the size of this line -- but skinnier. Driver seats shows minimal wear with some lines formed. Passenger seat immaculate. Car needs to be repainted. Its a 10 foot car, the passenger side has been hit in two places; I grazed the garage with the fender right above the front wheel and someone backed into the right rear fender above the rear wheel. Front has stone chips and is need of a respray anyways. Needs a full repaint after the body damage repaired in my opinion. That is my next goal, but it just doesnt seem to be happening right this moment. It is a one owner car, never smoked in, never abused, auto-x maybe 4 times. We believe it to be the 1st turbo in Indiana. Build date was Sep 85.
I know I am leaving stuff out, but I cant remember it all right now...

So basically what I want to know is what is this car worth?

Check the website for more info and pics..no real recent good ones besides the 968 wing pics. I need to buy a digital camera.

Honestly Ive got so much money in it I will most likely keep it as I have another car, but I like keeping my options open and knowing where she stands.

Quick Reply: 86 951..whats it worth?