Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

anyone with a bad/used throttle body need a part

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 05:22 AM
tecart
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post anyone with a bad/used throttle body need a part

hello, im having the 1986 turbo motor redone and i am in need of the brass colored "L" piece that presses into the bottom of the stock throttle body, when changing the turbo last year i put the intake manifold down on the brass "L" piece that sticks out and it broke right in half, now i asked many times for this piece many times with little response, i need just this piece so i hope someone has a bad or broken or rusty one laying around that they could send me just this brass piece, it is secured in with epoxy from the factory but i assure you it will come out easily with plyers, just be careful when twisting it up and out, ill pay for it and pay for the shipping, i got a jimmyrig setup now and it sucks. I cant find this piece anywhere(went to all kinds of part,hardware,tool shops), also i dont want a copy i would like the origional piece, thanks for any help. If you look at the motor the piece i need is under the throttle body and sits on top of the turbo and a black vaccume line attaches to it. Email me asap if you can help me, trying to get the car setup properly and really only want the stock piece, thanks guys
Old 01-15-2002, 08:32 AM
threesticks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello: You might try taking the throttle body to a carb shop and see if they have anything close. I broke off the vacuum fitting on a holley carb on my 65 scout and the local carb shop had what I was looking for and it was just a few bucks.

I hope that this helps, Threesticks.

Quick Reply: anyone with a bad/used throttle body need a part