Question about fitting a MOMO Performance shift boot

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Tadi
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about fitting a MOMO Performance shift boot

Hey guys,
I did a quick search through the archives but didn't find the answer to my question. I just received my SFR Short shift kit and MOMO ****/boot. The shifter installed fine (you should of seen the old lever, man was it warped...the bushing was hideous). Next I went to install the boot before fitting the **** onto the top of the shifter. I got the MOMO Performance boot because it threads right onto the bottom of the MOMO ****. The problem is, I can't seem to get the MOMO boot to fit around the plastic retaining piece that clips onto the console in such a way as to allow the retaining piece to actually clip onto the console. I know there are a few guys on the board that have the Performance boot, and was wondering what you guys had to do to get this beast to fit. Should I just keep monkeying with it until it fits? Any modifications needed? Any ancient family secrets or recipes to try?
Old 02-05-2003, 10:50 PM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I made my own shift lever, Momo boot and ****. I have the one with the elasic at top and bottom. I just carefully streched it over the plastic ring by about 1/4" all the way around and it still clips in pretty solid. Play with it, maybe a little heat and it should go. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Question about fitting a MOMO Performance shift boot