Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Centric Posi Quiet brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 01:14 PM
kinglenario
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centric Posi Quiet brake pads

hey guys, i'm having a little issue here. i got a recommendation to try out some centric posi quiets. once bedded in properly the work great. i would say about on par with the factory pads but less dust and absolutely no squeak.

the problem is that the pads in the rear are rattling like crazy over bumps. if i hold my foot on the brake lightly it doesn't rattle. the length of the pad seems a little too short and is moving up and down in the caliper. maybe by about 1mm or so.

has anyone else tried these or had any issues with this? i was thinking of trying out that vinyl backing stuff but i'm not sure it's really going to help. i'm also sending the info to centric to see if their spec is off. i have no idea why the fronts aren't rattling though because the calipers are supposed to be exactly the same.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:25 PM
hansman
Instructor

I have had my issues with brake pads so I will try & answer this one for you......
1st off the pads need a small amount of movement in the caliper. Maybe you could isolate the side and check the actual caliper rods ( I dont know what to call them but they are in the back of the caliper about the thickness of a coat hanger) that cross each other. Kind of horshoe shaped maybe bend it in to the correct position. They might have gotten bent somehow. They should not bounce around in there.
Old 09-09-2018, 01:20 PM
MichaelJH2000
6th Gear

I've had the Centric's installed for about a month now, front and rear with no issues.

I'd remove rear wheels and check for excessive play between the pads and discs. Maybe something is loose? You might want to isolate which side the noise is coming from, remove those pads and make sure they are in spec.

Quick Reply: Centric Posi Quiet brake pads