951 alarm

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 12:28 AM
v-tach
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 951 alarm

thanks ice shark
yes it was cold when the slave cylinder started to leak.
i spoke to soon !!! we had some snow today in nyc so when i got home i decided to clean my car. i started the car to melt off some snow - after about 10 min of idle time the car just shut off and would not start again. it would crank but not turn over. so i popped the hood opened the fuse box played around with the relays just by pressing them down tried again and she started right up.
what do you think now ? do you think it still is the alarm ? please anyone i would appreciate your feed back.wdoublevmsn.com
Old 01-08-2002, 12:35 AM
sm
Drifting

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
vtach-

where in the city are you? i'm downtown.

sm
Old 01-08-2002, 08:16 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, I suspect it is something related to the install. But now would look to where they tapped in their wires for the alarm. Something is up and that was the last thing messed with.

Another item could be the DME area and where the alarm brain is located with respect to you watering it down. The DME is located under a plywood board in passenger footwell under carpet. If the battery box leaks & water gets in it it pretty much stops working. But you usually have to dry out the DME to get it going again. On the other side, they didn't poke holes in the fuse box did they? Ones that now leak?

Everytime something starts to go wrong after service, that is where you start looking.

Quick Reply: 951 alarm