Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Just had car dynoed! Help me determine whats up

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 04:42 AM
my951killsimports
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Just had car dynoed! Help me determine whats up

I just had my car dynoed. It put 238.6 rwhp and 295.5 lb-ft of torque to the ground! Not bad....as i bought the car with everything it has on it. The A/F ratio went off the charts at 2700rpm though, well below 10.1. Second run I went one turn clockwise on my Adjustable Fuel Pressure regulator. It stayed around 10.1 till 3700rpm, dipped off the charts, then came back up to around 10.5 to 1 at 5000rpm. How "Rich" should i run it? The second time i also got a flatter powerband. I have the charts and pics of my engine. How do I upload them? Also, i just threw my damn powersteering pump again. its been warm here, and i haven't experienced the "overboost" to 18-19psi for awhile. It was cold tonight, and it did it. It "Stumbled", acting like it was running out of fuel. I think the vibration caused the belt to fall off. However, like i said, it was cold. Is the denser air causing my obviously stock wastegate to fail more? Im just gonna run a new tial wastegate. I can get a 35mm tial for $300, and i think a 46mm for maybe $350. Any help/suggestions would be great.
Old 04-19-2002, 07:00 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's way, way too rich. You want to turn the FPR counter-clockwise to lean it out (usually how they work). Best power-producing air-fuel ratio is 12.5:1. But that can only be done if your car has a perfectly flat air-fuel curve. Adjusting the FPR just raises or lowers the entire curve. So adjust your FPR so that you get 12.5:1 at the leanest point on your curve. Then you'll have to mess with custom chips or an ARC2 to get the curve to be flat at 12.5:1 across the board.
Old 04-19-2002, 02:51 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts
You can email the pics to me and I will upload them if you want....

ian.klass@coastaldiscount.com

Quick Reply: Just had car dynoed! Help me determine whats up