Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rear Hatch Motor Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011 | 07:58 AM
Porsche Ober
Intermediate

Default Rear Hatch Motor Issue

I am having a rear hatch issue that I think is caused by the motor. The button works but it does not cycle the hatch motor. I push it and it stops when I let off whereas on my "S" I would push it and it cycled for a minute and would release the hatch. Is there something that can be fixed with this or do you think that I need to buy a new hatch motor? What's the best way to go about diagnosing this problem? It does release the hatch if somebody is standing outside pushing down on the hatch, or if I time it just perfectly, but I still have to hold the switch down. Im pretty sure that It is supposed to work with the touch of the button (Not holding it down for a few seconds).
Old 06-04-2011 | 11:59 PM
Porsche Ober
Intermediate

Anybody with some help?
Old 06-05-2011 | 09:12 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Are you "mechanically inclined"? If so, take it apart. You'll find a large gear that has some copper "tracks" on it - there are contacts which follow these tracks so it knows when to park. It's probably either dirty or broken. With some ingenuity, you should be able to fix it for very little cost. (Hey, worst case you break it more and you need to buy a used one!)

Quick Reply: Rear Hatch Motor Issue