Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Knock devices.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 03:43 PM
PerformanceDevelopments
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Knock devices.

With the recent interest in our AFM unit, and now questions about our Knocklink, I see we have done a poor job in informing the Porsche public of our products. As I have been involved in building Porsche race and high performance engines for a long time, I am now seeing just how narrow our vision has been.I suggest that you refer to our webb sites, (US and NZ) and see what we offer. As Dan and his partner have expressed interest in our products, we will support them in any way we can. I forward the offer for them to visit us at our facility.

As for the Knocklink, it also has sensitivity adjustment to allow the normal engine noise to be dialed out, thus only showing engine det'. As every engine has different noise levels and frequencies, this product has the ability to be fitted to all engines. Many times different sensors need to be fitted to pick up these frequencies. In the past we have found that as engines are modified to different levels, different sensors are required to correctly listen for det'. I will caution you to understand that any, our's included, knock indication system, is generally after the fact, and proper mapping needs to be performed. At all times, the user should read their spark plugs to see exactly what is happening inside the combustion chamber. Knock devices are a good way of informing the driver of trouble and to give warning of possible serious damage.

NH.
Link USA/ Performance Developments
Old 07-13-2002, 04:51 PM
superjet.1
Pro

neil your knock link is very impressive and will be on our shelves at GURU RACING as will other link products stay tuned folks.
Old 07-13-2002, 06:29 PM
christian
Racer

Question

Can't find the web page for link USA. Could somebody please post it. Thank you.
Old 07-13-2002, 06:51 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try <a href="http://www.link-electro-usa.com/" target="_blank">Link-USA</a>

And specifically, the <a href="http://www.link-electro.co.nz/knocklink.html" target="_blank">Knock-Link</a> product.
Old 07-13-2002, 08:06 PM
PerformanceDevelopments
Intermediate

webb address is

<a href="http://www.link-electro-usa.com" target="_blank">www.link-electro-usa.com</a>
Old 07-14-2002, 05:47 AM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

On edit: This is what I have found about were to purchase a LINK product. I am sure Danno will make a great LINK AFM kit but one might want to buy only the LINK product. From the first message I though Danno might have an exclusive agreement with Link so I asked were you purchase LINK products. I have quoted both parties.

They were caught in the middle of a tug-of-war battle between us (Guru Racing) and another tuner and have artfully devised a solution that works for everyone. I truly commend Neil for his understanding and patience in this matter. 7/12/02

Responce from Link 7/13/02;

The AFM unit will only be sold for a specific application, ie., 944. We currently sell them for Ford models, toyota models etc. We were contracted by a Porsche tuner to make an application for the 944. At the same time, unbeknowns to us, Dan and his partner were building their system.
All AFM units sold will go through Vision Motorsport, via other trade companies or directly to retail customers.
It is impossible for us to do all applications, so we contract exclusively to tuners to do certain applications.
This is a competitive marketplace, and Vision ceased the opportunity before anyone else. We dictated to them volume, price, and that they must make this unit available without exclusion to anyone.Thank you for your interest, and if you have further questions, you may contact me at 949 646 7461 weekdays, 9-5pm.

Neil Harvey
Old 07-14-2002, 12:03 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Correction, I think:

"This is a competitive marketplace, and Vision SEIZED the opportunity before anyone else."

Quick Reply: Knock devices.