Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Good Deal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 06:27 AM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Post Good Deal?

alright,i just met with the guy im going to buy my 951 from.60k miles on the clock,no leaks,shifts great,good clutch,body is kinda beat up-like the front clip(but has spares to replace them.upgrades are:lindsey LBE(hes gonna take it),hardpipes,blitz bov,test pipe,apexi exhaust.the car has also been lowered,the struts are dead(might convert to coilovers anyway).the car also has a clean car fax.tires are about 1 year old and when he bought the car it was about 47k miles.the car was also a daily drive i would assume.openning offer was $6500,but i managed to lower it to $5800

think this is a good price?tell me your thoughts,what else i should of checked?im going to take another test drive with my dad 2marrow and probably buy it.so please post your replies QUICK!hehe,thanx
Old 05-14-2003, 10:48 AM
Jaxon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You probably already know about getting a PPI

Price is good if it doesn't need timing belt, water pump, alternator, radiator, control arms, top end rebuild, new turbo, shocks, engine seal and a few other things which could come up.

Why is body so bad with so few miles?

Good luck!
Old 05-14-2003, 10:55 AM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are the struts dead after only 60K?
If the belts haven't been recently done, do them immediately (you already knew that).
$5800 sound like a good price.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:57 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
the guy said the maintinence was first and the PO didn't really take care of the body much,but the PO did take care of the engine and mechanics tho.i dun know y the struts are dead @60k,my guess would be rigerous driving.and the timing belt?do u need to change em @60k?

Quick Reply: Good Deal?