Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 10:42 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post need blk plastic cover on turbo pump

hey folks,
ok....my turbo coolant pump was sounding a bit loud - reached in to pull off the little black plastic cover to put a drop of 3-in-1 oil (thanks daniel!) on the shaft and POOF! the cover dropped into the engine bay. we heard it hit the lower pan, but i was about 30 mins from home and i'm SURE it didn't just SIT there for the ride back....anyone have an 'extra'??? i figure its too small for a dismantler....

thanks

-oh- it was by FAR, the cheapest, easiest FIX i've EVER done...the pump is quiet as a mouse now....it was incredible to hear the sound just disappear!
Old 05-13-2003, 12:21 PM
2+2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Brian,
It was great meeting you and seeing your car. Nice car! We should try and get together on a drive or something. I know other listers have posted such rides in the past but scheduling conflicts prevented me from participating.

I plan on touching up and gluing up the Saratoga you sold me so that I can put it on for the summer.

As for the little cap, it probably just served as a dust cap for the pump shaft so you could make due with a little tape arched over the shaft end...

Daniel
Old 05-14-2003, 02:12 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hey daniel - same here! its always good to find another 951'er.

yeah...i know the little cap was just a dust cap and i'll cover it up with SOMETHING....but the real cap would be best - its not a big deal, but >I< notice that its not there!!!

again - let me know if i can help you on anything and keep me posted on the PCA meetings out your way!

best,

Quick Reply: need blk plastic cover on turbo pump