Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

'86 951 seat recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Jordache183
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '86 951 seat recomendations

This is my first post. I just bought a silver 86 951 on Saturday as a hybrid track car. I will post pictures later since I haven't taken any yet.

But my reason for posting I just heard my mechanic that the FX tuning seats that are in the car are really worn out and his words "borderline unsafe" so I need new seats. I have heard that the sparco evo 2s will fit without too much trouble but I was wondering if the sparco evo 3s will fit or would I have to remove the e-brake.

I am a bigger guy so many of the seats are just uncomfortable. But I will fit in either the 2 or 3 I just think the 3 might be a tad more comfortable. I am also open to any suggestions as to other seats I might want to look at. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2011, 07:40 AM
Jscaramella
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Try and sit in whatever you buy 1st. Seats (as you know) will be expensive. If you plan to daily drive I would go back to a factory seat. Unless your building a dedicated DE car, a factory seat will serve you well. You can cross over years with modification. 86 (can't remember of all 944's are ) seat belt receptacles are attached to the seats though so you need to either fit tracks or factory receptacles to the structure of the car instead. A mute point if you have a 5 point etc.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Jordache183
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. After really thinking about it, I completely agree with you. I think i am just going to replace the Tuner FX seat since they only run about 150. I know its not a great seat but since its a track hybrid, any fixed back seat will be less comfortable. I do have a 5 point harness and bar in place so I will be fixed in the seat when tracking.

Quick Reply: '86 951 seat recomendations