Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Finally, brakes on my 951!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002 | 02:07 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

[quote]Originally posted by Robby:
<strong>Car looks great! Do you have any more pics of the car from the front? I'd like to see it to check out the headlights. Also, the brakes- do you have a G-Tech or any way to check your 60-0 distances? I would REALLY like to hear how you do...

Also- do you have an LSD? What type of TQ are you putting to the wheels? I would expect (assuming you have LSD) slightly better 0-60 times- I know the effect of larger turbo, etc, but assuming you have comparable TQ to your HP and LSD, I can't see how you would actually get slower times- well, I'm comparing to a stock Turbo S (5.5), but I would think you would at least get that, not actually SLOWER.... Any input? Just curious....</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks. Below are some pics of my car from different angles. I use a Blitz Power Meter for all my testing, unfortunately it doesn't do any braking numbers. I'll dig up the old G-Tech and try some braking tests to see how the car does.

My car does comes with the factory LSD, it's holding up quite well to the new power. My last dynojet run, the car made 412TQ at the wheels way up at 4400rpm. Why such a bad launch/0-60 with that much torque? Well, at 3000rpm the car makes 160TQ. 3500rpm, 221TQ. Pretty gutless. I'll try to get an in-car view of a run sometime, and you'll see exactly what I have to deal with.

Old 07-17-2002 | 03:19 PM
AutoXdriver
Instructor

Where did you get those headlights? Is that a direct replacement for the pop-ups? I decided I wanted some just like that already but before I saw yours I didn't even know they existed!

Please point to where I can get some.

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2002 | 02:10 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the pics! I understand your problem now. BTW- the headlight conversion- you DO have square lenses in there now don't you? Do you think it would be possible to use round ones in there? Not sure how it would look- just curious. Also, did you get rid of the headlight motor, etc? How much weight did all that save? Also, please let me know if you can dig up a G-Tech- I'm really trying to find someone else to compare brake distances with- mine just don't seem too good...

Thanks,
Robby
Old 07-18-2002 | 02:01 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

[quote]Originally posted by AutoXdriver:
<strong>Where did you get those headlights? Is that a direct replacement for the pop-ups? I decided I wanted some just like that already but before I saw yours I didn't even know they existed!

Please point to where I can get some.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I got mine from gt-racing.com, but my warning to you : They look good from far, but they're far from good =). A few other members have bought from them and complained of the same problems that I experienced (poor fit/finish, mold is reversed, clear cover fades/scratches/fogs, kit is very incomplete, etc.)

[quote]Originally posted by Robby:
<strong>BTW- the headlight conversion- you DO have square lenses in there now don't you? Do you think it would be possible to use round ones in there? Not sure how it would look- just curious. Also, did you get rid of the headlight motor, etc? How much weight did all that save? Also, please let me know if you can dig up a G-Tech- I'm really trying to find someone else to compare brake distances with- mine just don't seem too good...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I doubt round lights would fit in there, the kit came with a nice square hole precut (poorly) hehe. I was thinking of using round projection type headlights like the Dodge Stealth, but in the end, only the Jetta square headlight was an easy fit. The entire motor assembly is removed, not sure how much weight it saves though. My car weighs in at 2940lbs, full interior, AC, stereo, sub box, amps, etc.

Quick Reply: Finally, brakes on my 951!