Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

A new 951 owner? (Long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 11:57 PM
gatorbait
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Picstr:
<strong>Gatorbait, sorry didn't read your sig and didn't realize you had a pretty decent suspension under ya so adjust my statement to coilovers in place of the koni's, would it come out a bit more even??
Regards,Picstr.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Picstr, you have a point. Perhaps the fairest comparison would have been a stock M3 suspension to the stock 951 suspension, which would have leveled the playing field somewhat.

No matter. You'll really love the 951 for its many virtues should you decide to get one.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:11 AM
user 8430
Banned

I have the window express from Paragon, great product.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:26 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by gatorbait:
<strong>Clutch--Advantage M3 (my 951's clutch feels more like a leg press).</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">awww, come on, that's one of the things i LOVE about these cars.... *shrugs*
Old 05-12-2003, 12:21 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
Make sure you check how many miles are an the new t-belts. They're the lifeblood of the 951. Doesn't matter how old they are if they have a ton of miles on'em. They also need to be retensioned after 1500 miles or so. Also, was the water pump replaced? If it has the original WP at 126K, you'll definitely need to replace it. It's run off the t-belts and it could be ugly if it fails. Good luck. You're gonna love the boost!

Michelle - a Seminole through and through! Cut me and I bleed Garnet
Old 05-12-2003, 07:53 PM
Picstr
Intermediate

Well, was'nt able to get over today but am going over tomnorrow, I'd did get the dealer to agree to $5900 out the door, tax included, if of course I thought the car worth it. I did find out more about it, he said the sun roof needs a plastic piece that is missing and the front seats (brown) don't match the rest of the interior (grey). I figure the PO had worn fronts found a good deal on the brown ones. These are all easily fixable in my mind, I am more concered with the engine and how mechanically sound or unsound it may be.
Oh did, a carfax and the car is pretty clean according to them just one owner, don't know if I really believe that or not but we'll see, wish me luck.
Regards, Picstr.

Quick Reply: A new 951 owner? (Long)