Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Cheap Auto-X Car ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 08:24 AM
pig4bill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Steve Lavigne:
<strong>**IF** you can find an X1/9 that hasn't rusted completely away it can be a kick butt cheap autocross car.</strong><hr></blockquote>

There was a group of us that ran X-1/9's for awhile, including 1 guy that drove a race-prepped one with side-draft Weber, etc (BTW he owned a Renault 5 mid-engined turbo, gray market, never autocrossed it because he didn't think it would be very competitive compared to the X-1/9) that was prepped and owned by another guy. Let me tell you, when the MR2 turbo came out, it flat raped all of us. Including the race-prepped Fiat running racing slicks.
Old 07-07-2002, 02:04 PM
Paul Bloomberg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought in the original posted question? He wanted to stick with a "p-car"
I would get a 924s or a 944. Gut it, put on adj koni's, 250 springs, weltmiester bars and 30mm torsion bars.
I would have to disagree with Luke about them making not very good autocross cars. At the last Az region PCA AX's 5 of the top ten times are 944 n/a's. That's against experience dvrs w/mod'd 911, 914's, ect....

What is it you guys always say?
"it's all the driver" : )
Luke,
What region do you autocross in? Is it with SCCA, NASA, and /or PCA?

Plus if you buy a Porsche to AX with you get to run more events(DE's,AX,time trials).
I literally get the same amount of ax course time at one event w/PCA as I do with SCCA in one year!!!

Paul

Quick Reply: Cheap Auto-X Car ideas