Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

924 4 vent nose

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 06:52 PM
Redeye
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 924 4 vent nose

I'm not sure if this has been asked before or not but I couldn't find anything on it so here goes...
Will the 4 vent nose piece from a 924 fit on a 951? I think I've seen this done somewhere before but I can't remember where. Also, if anyone has a photo of it, could you please post it? If it fits, I think it would be cheaper to pick one up at a salvage yard and paint it rather than order one from an aftermarket company... Pluse it's metal and not fiberglass.
Thanx for listening to a newby to the 951.
Dan
Old 01-04-2002, 07:02 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, I'm fairly certain it is not a drop in fit. What you can do is have vents cut in your existing pannel. Turbo Tim was cutting them in with a spiral saw and not even having to do a repaint.

But that leaves a narrow edge .... would be better to have them pressed in and have an edge lip rolled. That would crack the paint so a paint job plus you would have to find a sheet metal shop that had dies that would work I suppose.
Old 01-04-2002, 09:18 PM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Redeye:
<STRONG>Will the 4 vent nose piece from a 924 fit on a 951? </STRONG>
Nope, tried it, doesn't fit the coutours of the front bumper for one thing. There were other differences as well. I have an unpainted cover on one of the cars. Before I paint it I'll have my bodyman cut out the holes. Should be fine. I might have him put a bit of reinforcement behind the seperators.
DanD
Old 01-05-2002, 06:01 AM
Redeye
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankx for the info. Guess I'll just have to find a turbo s at a salvage yard or have SFR cut the vents.
Dan

Quick Reply: 924 4 vent nose