Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone integrated an iPod w/their factory radio?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 05:26 PM
jmj951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PEvans
Does the CDR-220 have a digital or USB input from an iPod or iPhone?

Pics don't show for me anyway
No. You can only use an auxiliary analog input source on the CDR-220, after you purchase the plug from swstereo.com. No iPhone/iPod control, charging, etc.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:44 AM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PEvans
Does the CDR-220 have a digital or USB input from an iPod or iPhone?

Pics don't show for me anyway
I took the pictures down a while ago and haven't looked for another host yet.

As Jonathan said, it's analog input. The adapter from SW Stereo doesn't provide the correct voltage for the iPhone to charge. It was made for the older iPods. I have heard that you could potentially damage an iPhone with it, but I have no firsthand experience.

Blitzsafe has the correct adapter that charges the iPhone (part number TP/M-LINK1 V.1). It does not control the iPhone either.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:38 PM
lee101315
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a CDR 220 in my boxster, and I bought an ipod integrator from here
http://www.beckerautosound.com/

It charges my iphone 4g, plays pandora and internet radio, and I have no problems with it. You cant control it from the CDR, but who needs to anyway? Just set up a playlist, or set something up on pandora and you'll never need to touch it while driving.
Im definitely installing a CDR 220 in the 951 as soon as I find one.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:22 AM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lee101315
I have a CDR 220 in my boxster, and I bought an ipod integrator from here http://www.beckerautosound.com/
Is yours a cable that plugs directly into the back of the radio or is there an adapter box between them? The iPod cable (the ones that are typically <$30) output 12v and won't charge the iPhone. There are 5v adapters that goes on the dock connector, but I didn't care for that setup. Blitzsafe is the only company I know that's making a direct adapter for the iPhone - maybe Becker USA is selling the Blitzsafe adapter.

Here's one of the voltage adapters:
Amazon Amazon
Old 04-17-2012, 11:34 AM
lee101315
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CurtP
Is yours a cable that plugs directly into the back of the radio or is there an adapter box between them? The iPod cable (the ones that are typically <$30) output 12v and won't charge the iPhone. There are 5v adapters that goes on the dock connector, but I didn't care for that setup. Blitzsafe is the only company I know that's making a direct adapter for the iPhone - maybe Becker USA is selling the Blitzsafe adapter.

Here's one of the voltage adapters: http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Chargin.../dp/B00495JZTY
Yes, mine plugs into the aux port in back of the radio ( for the CD changer ), and has a small box in between the radio and the ipod plug. As mentioned, it charges and plays internet radio. Cost was about $125

Quick Reply: Anyone integrated an iPod w/their factory radio?