Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Clues needed: engine cuts out with out warning

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 07:07 PM
944 turbo cabrio
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear Chris,

I hope I didn't disturb your mind to much :-)
I adjusted the BE way down and then everything was great again. The track day is now over and I had a very good time only wishing for wider front tires and that someone on Rennllist will put up some suspension goodies at decent prices that I can buy to get the suspension fully sorted and stiffened :-)

I do however not understand why the first 100 miles after fitting the BE were totally trouble free.....?

Best wishes for the weekend to all!

Niels
Old 05-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 944 turbo cabrio
Dear Chris,

I hope I didn't disturb your mind to much :-)
I adjusted the BE way down and then everything was great again. The track day is now over and I had a very good time only wishing for wider front tires and that someone on Rennllist will put up some suspension goodies at decent prices that I can buy to get the suspension fully sorted and stiffened :-)

I do however not understand why the first 100 miles after fitting the BE were totally trouble free.....?

Best wishes for the weekend to all!

Niels
The way that the overboost protection works is not as obvious as most people think. It is not based on boost pressure - it is based on the amount of airflow at the current engine speed. Because of this there are a lot more variables included in the triggering of overboost protection.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:40 AM
michael2e
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 Chris.

Had similar problem resolved by new plug wires. Cutout only manifested on high boost.

Quick Reply: Clues needed: engine cuts out with out warning