Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Idle Stabilizers + idle speed AHHHH Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 11:25 AM
p951guy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Idle Stabilizers + idle speed AHHHH Help

Does anyone know what these cars are supposed to idle at? as far as setting the idle, is there a certain way to do it other that turn the screw on top of the throttle body.

And Lastly, is there a certain way to adjust the Throttle position sensor. could it cause a idle to bounce from 1000 to 1300 if not properly adjusted.

PLEASE help. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old 12-27-2001, 12:16 PM
sm
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts
I got this e-mail from a fellow 951'er:

You got it - ISV (Idle Stabilizer Valve). But there's a whole forest of items that can cause this, including the TPS (throttle position switch on the opposite end of the
throttle shaft), or even the idle bypass screw on the throttle body (if it's leaking).

Of course, hoses are always suspect, but the ISV normally corrects for that and holds idle steady.

Make sure the TPS "clicks" at the end of it's travel, at idle. If it sometimes doesn't, the DME won't know
you're at idle and the idle bypass screw will determine your idle. Pull the throttle plate just a hair (really just a partial millimeter!) off idle, and see if your
revs change - that is the speed at which the motor idles with the ISV inactive (assuming you can hear the TPS click and it's working).

And I think the 944 Garage has a link to the idle adjustment: Idle Adjustment

Also, I think the 924/944/951/968 site has more traffic, so posting your questions there may get more replies.

good luck!

sm

Quick Reply: Idle Stabilizers + idle speed AHHHH Help