Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

that "Lobe" ing sound !

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2001, 07:28 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool that "Lobe" ing sound !

Hi, merry christmas everybody! Is anybody running a cam setup from jon milledge. I am really curious to hear the details! Or how about any alternate cam????

Maybe somebody will get one for christmas.(fingers crossed)

well thats a 16 valver but im hoping to spark some intrest.

here are the details on the one i am looking at.

Performance Hydraulic Turbo
Best power band 3800-6600rpm. 850rpm idle. .475 intake cam lift, .440 exhaust cam lift with proper LSA for turbo with stock base circles for drop in performance with 944Turbo valve springs. 20bhp increase available for stock engine. Mild turbo engines by JMEngines with up to 380bhp have used this camshaft.

Old 12-24-2001, 01:39 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Luke, those 944S/S2 cams look pretty interesting.. Wish they were around about seven years ago when I bought an engine damaged '87 S with 8 bent valves and chipped cam drive gears..
I payed $700.00 for two used cams back then..
Looks like these delete the center chain drive as the stock cams use in this application. I've seen them run with two external belt pulleys as must be the case with these..
Timing the cams on a 16 valver is a pain in the a**.. I'm sure though that one could gain performance by using a slotted cam belt pulley for the 8 valve cars to better dial in a stock camshaft. I have looked at this site before and the first time I read "drop in performance" the wrong way.. LOL

Quick Reply: that "Lobe" ing sound !