Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Alarm issues!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2001, 10:45 PM
latham12
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Alarm issues!

I need some help... purchased my 87 951 two weeks ago,ran perfectly. Thought i would get the stereo upgraded, so off to the shop it went for the new in dash and a new windshield. When I picked it up the next day everything was fine, drove it to my shop parked it and cleaned it up. Got back in to put it in the garage and it would not start, cranked strong but no start.
Diagnosis time: replaced the speed sensor and tdc sensor (they needed anyway), checked and replaced the DME relay, checked every fuse, made sure battery was good, checked spark plugs for spark (none), no power to coil 12v input, fuel pump not actuating. Car still did not start, cranks well though.
Conclusion: bad DME. Bought a good guaranteed remanufactured and installed it, still car does not start.
At this point I have a feeling that the stock factory alarm has either gone bad or there is a short in a line, possibly caused by the new stereo. Does anyone out there have any info on the workings of the alarm system? By the way the alarm will still activate (horn sounding) if i key the system on. All of the symptoms of the non start are still happening. Got any thoughts?

thanks,
Lath

Quick Reply: Alarm issues!