Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Where to buy undercoating

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 06:38 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Where to buy undercoating

I need to buy, and apply some undercoating to my car. I want the stuff Porsche uses. The thick, heavy rubber stuff, not the cheap spray **** AutoZone sells.

Anyone know where to get it? And can I apply it myself (Doesn't require a special texture spray gun)?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 04-28-2011, 08:09 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As I understand it, the beige version of this is a close match, if you can still get it:
http://www.autobodyprep.com/page/112334202
Old 04-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you painting your car as well, or just the underside?
Old 04-28-2011, 09:09 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by pontifex4
As I understand it, the beige version of this is a close match, if you can still get it:
http://www.autobodyprep.com/page/112334202
GREAT Link! Thanks. Its got a lot of stuff I can use.

What product am I looking for exactly? There are a bunch of "undercoating" products listed.

---------------------------------------------------------

I haven't decided if I'm going to paint the whole thing this time, or just the nose the color of the rest of the car.

I stuffed my car a few weeks ago. Not real bad, but it was higher than the bumper (Bumper wasn't even pushed in), so the headlights and header panel are trash. I'm taking the opportunity to change to a 951 front end. There are some areas inside the fenders that need undercoating re-applied, and I want to cover up the inside fender bolts as they were. Its great corrosion protection.

I would like to paint the entire car. I already bought an entire body seal kit from Sunset Porsche. I just don't know if I have the time I need to do a proper job.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:50 PM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by m73m95
GREAT Link! Thanks. Its got a lot of stuff I can use.

What product am I looking for exactly? There are a bunch of "undercoating" products listed.

---------------------------------------------------------

I haven't decided if I'm going to paint the whole thing this time, or just the nose the color of the rest of the car.

I stuffed my car a few weeks ago. Not real bad, but it was higher than the bumper (Bumper wasn't even pushed in), so the headlights and header panel are trash. I'm taking the opportunity to change to a 951 front end. There are some areas inside the fenders that need undercoating re-applied, and I want to cover up the inside fender bolts as they were. Its great corrosion protection.

I would like to paint the entire car. I already bought an entire body seal kit from Sunset Porsche. I just don't know if I have the time I need to do a proper job.
You want the body schutz for anything under the bodywork, or rocker schutz for the textured "stripe" under the doors.

Yes, you need a special application gun, but they're pretty cheap compared to a nice paint gun.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Alright. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Where to buy undercoating