Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

86 951 for sale???

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:15 PM
jdog
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default 86 951 for sale???

Hey guys, just putting this out there as a feeler. I have been pondering selling the 951 to get into something newer and more turn key (2000 996).
I just cannot see myself having enough time at this point to put into the car to get it back and running in a reasonable amount of time (and money of course).
There car is basically stripped of the majors right now, no engine, no interior or rear facia amongst some other things.
I am seeing what you all think would be a good price, furthermore if any of you may be interested.
I have new carpet for it and have cleaned the interior,layed down POR15 as protection coating, then put sound deadening mat on top.
A freshly rebuilt head (done by a company that builds engines for NASCAR).
I have a pile of new engine parts ($1k or so).

I am sure there are other things that I can't remember right now.
I don't have pics, but when I do I will post so you get the full view.

What do you think?
Old 04-18-2011, 11:01 PM
TX951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good candidate form LS swap. I'd post it on forums related to that.

Otherwise, it's hard to sell an incomplete car.

But really, don't give up man. Call in some support from this forum, put in a couple of weekends and get it driving. Sounds like you've put alot of time in already. Make a list of what parts you need and post it up here. You may be surprised how many would give you stuff outright. I've got some parts to donate to the cause if needed.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:30 PM
audisport
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm, I'm right down the street from you and depending on price and my ability to find a place to store it..... And hide it from the wife until my Audi S4 is fixed...

Let me know how I can help.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:29 AM
jdog
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audisport
Hmmm, I'm right down the street from you and depending on price and my ability to find a place to store it..... And hide it from the wife until my Audi S4 is fixed...

Let me know how I can help.
See PM.

Quick Reply: 86 951 for sale???