Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

More on the "hesitation epic".... Danno???

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 08:39 AM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do the ROW maps still work with your Guru chips?
Old 04-21-2003, 10:40 AM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

i'm still having some mid range stumbles too...i replaced everything awilson and ron did also. i'd really like to find the vacuum leak before i switch maps. when putting the vacuum lines in i used a vacuum pump and gauge (worth its wieght in gold) each time i added a line/fitting...all held...must of missed one somewhere. : (
Old 04-21-2003, 02:34 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"Do the ROW maps still work with your Guru chips?"

No, I found them to be too lean for increasing boost. So all the USA and ROW maps on the GURU chips are the same/

I'm going to send RJP and sauerkraut a revised chip with a leaner partial-throttle mid-range mapping. Noticed this on another car that had a T61 turbo with aftermarket cam. With the extra turbo-lag and more exhaust reversion, I had to dial back fuel to less-than-stock values in that area.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:09 PM
RJP 951
Racer

Sauerkraut, I wouldn't be surprise if you do not have any further air leaks. Just for kicks, try disconnecting your O2 sensor and see if the stumbling symptoms go away. I know that's not a permanent fix, but it convinced me that I've taken care of all the boost/vacuum leaks.

Danno, I'm looking forward to trying out the revised chip. While you're at it, if you could just add another 50HP or so that would be great.

Ron
Old 04-22-2003, 06:41 AM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

i'll try disconnecting the o2 sensor later in the week when i get some time to tinker...real busy week for me.

danno how big of a vac leak would it take to get this stumbling effect?..i'm pretty certain i've nixed all the vacuum leak possiblities...i can be pretty **** when assembling stuff (all my vac hose clamps are facing the same direction!...like lil' soldiers at attention)... but i could of missed a very slight leak somewhere. from reading ron's posts i can tell he's very thorough in his work too... is it possible it could be another issue we have overlooked? i just dont want to mask another issue or waste your time when the original maps are fine. i really appreciate the customer service....absolute top-notch!!

Quick Reply: More on the "hesitation epic".... Danno???