Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

MAF driveabillity issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

Triple-check for vacuum leaks too. Every time I've had the "return to idle MAF blues" it has been cause by a leak somewhere...
Old 04-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Triple-check for vacuum leaks too. Every time I've had the "return to idle MAF blues" it has been cause by a leak somewhere...
What's weird is how can he have all the vacuum lines correctly routed without a J- boot ? I assume you can close some off but wouldn't that create issues ?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:26 PM
mark944turbo
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You can route all the vacuum lines the same way as long as there are ports for them in the new piping.

I tried rotating the MAF- maybe a small improvement, but the AFR's are still off at part throttle. I also noticed that the car runs very rich (~10:1) when coasting with the throttle at 1% to 5% open. After trying to correct the part throttle table, on the street, without the Ostrich 2.0's "cell tracing" feature working very well, I've decided to give up. I'd lean out the low load cells and nothing would change coming off the throttle, but it would run too lean when just tipping in. It's enough to drive a person crazy without the right tools (a dyno, better emulator, and better knowledge of Motronic)

I'm going to buy Lindsey's 3" J boot, and try it with the MAF. At least if that doesn't improve the situation I can go back to the AFM using the same part. I'm really just looking to make 300 rwhp with perfect driveability- maybe the AFM was the best solution all along.

Quick Reply: MAF driveabillity issues