Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

WANTED: 944 turbos in Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 05:21 AM
Turbo951
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post WANTED: 944 turbos in Colorado

I've been looking for a nice 944 turbo to buy for a very long time but for some reason they keep evading me. I got on the list to post a want add basically, only to find that people in my state are driving to Michigan to sell their cars when I'm searching every website, classified add, there is and not finding anything. So if anyone knows of a 951 with less than 100k miles on it and that isn't white in Colorado or not far from, respond or e-mail me.

Dustin
methodous2002@yahoo.com
Old 06-20-2002, 05:44 AM
My944Turbo
Instructor

I don't know what kind of luck you are going to have finding a car in Colorado. Yes, it is possible, but it took me months and months of looking to find my turbo, and when I did, it was in North Carolina. So basically I used my accrued frequent flier miles and flew out there and then drove it back.

I wish you luck on your search, but if you restrict yourself too much you might never find the right car, just one that you are willing to buy because it's close and it's the only one around. But like I said, I really hope that a nice cream puff turbo shows up in Denver with full records and for a nice price.
Old 06-20-2002, 08:15 AM
tt9714
Racer

I travelled 1500 miles to get my car ('86 951, red/black, chromed Fuchs alloy wheels). I was originally living in Ohio at the time, and I found the car on the internet (germanusedcars.com). I wasn't quit ready to buy the car yet, then my job changed and I moved to Los Angeles. I contacted the owner and the car was still for sale.

I flew up to Seattle, and drove the car back down the Pacific Coast Highway over the course of three days. That was the most glorious time with my car because I really didn't fully understand how much work I would be doing to get it back into great shape despite a PPI.

I say extend your search. If you find one several states away, at least that's a good excuse for a road trip.
P.S. I'm now living in Chicago.
Old 06-20-2002, 03:02 PM
my951killsimports
Intermediate

Hey. Ive got a 86 guards red 951 with black interior. I bought it out of Florida with 77k miles.....fresh paint, 8 out of 10 interior, borla exhaust, autothority chips, ADJ fuel reg, boost enhancer, etc. Took me a month. It also has FUCHS wheels, so with that mileage i HAD to pick it up. I've seen a few other turbos in the state. All i can say is that im very lucky to have found this car. There are very few with decent paint ( STONE CHIPS SUCK HERE!!). I would look on autotrader. Or, if i get the guts and want a Ducati bad enough, i might just sell mine! kidding....(unless the $$$ is right)
Old 06-20-2002, 03:18 PM
Turbo951
AutoX

Wink

I have been looking online, only problem is I'm very cautious about flying 1500 miles to find out that a car is a P.O.S. I took a 4 hour trip in state to find out the hard way that the car was junk. Killsimports, I'd be willing to pay retail for your car if you start losing sleep over that Ducati
Old 06-20-2002, 04:10 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I found mine on e-bay. I live in California and bought it in Chicago. I flew 2500 miles on the recomendation visa vie PPI from a Chicago dealership.

[quote] I flew up to Seattle, and drove the car back down the Pacific Coast Highway over the course of three days. That was the most glorious time with my car because I really didn't fully understand how much work I would be doing to get it back into great shape despite a PPI. <hr></blockquote>

There could be no truer statement than this by tt. I would not trade my three day, 2500 mile journey with the 951 for anything.

Even thought the car was a cream puff and mechanically I know my way around these cars, I have since spent $5k to bring the car up to snuff.

But what I now have, is priceless.
Old 06-22-2002, 06:01 PM
Turby
Banned

I went from Boston to Miami to get mine.

Quick Reply: WANTED: 944 turbos in Colorado