Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   How quick is a BMW 135i w/Dinan upgrade... (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/625766-how-quick-is-a-bmw-135i-w-dinan-upgrade.html)

Ben951S 04-04-2011 12:21 AM

A regular one does 0-60 in 4.7... You sure they were racing?

racerxrick 04-04-2011 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by phoenix_iii (Post 8440775)
A regular one does 0-60 in 4.7... You sure they were racing?

thats why I said from a dead stop he would have hurt me.

racerxrick 04-04-2011 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by JDS968 (Post 8440754)
The BMW N54 (earlier 135i, 335i, 535i, etc, with the twin-turbo instead of the twin-scroll single turbo) starts out at 300hp and can be Dinan-tuned to three different levels of power, starting at 360hp, up to 400hp. The 135i is a very heavy car for its size, but with Stage 3 software, that's a lot of acceleration potential (and over a vastly wider RPM range than any 2.5L 951). Did the driver tell you that he had the software, or did it just have a Dinan badge on it (which can mean any combination of Dinan upgrades, not necessarily engine upgrades)?

Either way, if a RWD 6MTX I-6 twin-turbo is a chick car, I don't know what isn't.

That's why I said if it's a chick car...it's a bad chick car! I like it.

It looked tough, had the big Dinan badge on the back of the car with everything else removed. Like I said I know from a dead stop i would have been spanked. I had a chance to roll side by side through a trun and then we both hit it. I pulled him in the first three gears and third was getting worse (for him). I assume my car is a lot lighter too.

racerxrick 04-04-2011 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by hevquip (Post 8440579)
I only believe in 3 kinds of cars: chick cars, gay cars, and MANLY MAN CARS!

I went to one of my old hang out's last night...greasy burgers, beers and cars. LOL...I probably had the most girly car there amongst 9 second street cars, tubbed pro street trucks, rat rods and muscle cars.

schip43 04-04-2011 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by racerxrick (Post 8440880)
I went to one of my old hang out's last night...greasy burgers, beers and cars. LOL...I probably had the most girly car there amongst 9 second street cars, tubbed pro street trucks, rat rods and muscle cars.

Nope not girly ,Euro! Most of those guys don't know what a corner is!
You'd be shocked at how little some (not all) of those guys know about going around corners! I work with a Mustang guy, (11 sec quarters) he doesn't know
a coil over from a standard strut! Got rid of his front sway bar to save weight!

hevquip 04-04-2011 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by schip43 (Post 8440918)
Nope not girly ,Euro!

Yeah, but everyone knows Europeans are effeminate lol.

hevquip 04-04-2011 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by racerxrick (Post 8440880)

That's what I like about living here in Littleton: Bandimere Speedway is just a few minutes down the road, no ricers and not just because they get chased off the streets, but because the hand-me-downs and rides kids get here are better than the average ten year old Honda, seeing as it's probably their parents who are driving the big block classics cruising the streets with wheelie bars tucked underneath, tuned diesel trucks with more torque than the 5 cars behind it combined, and Littleton embraces car culture the most out of all parts Denver and surrounding areas (they even dig it when I take my go kart out on the streets). My friends have seen the front wheels of new and old school Camaros lift off the ground in stoplight races and told me about riding the streets in 9 second GTOs. I used to have such a hunk of **** truck that I found it funny to rev on people, I even had a guy in a chomo van take me serious and BLOW MY DOORS OFF with his ****tastical sleeper of a ride (me and my friends almost died laughing watching this ****box just ****in' TEAR OFF down the road!). Those are the kind of manly man rides we have in Littleton, except for the van, which has to be deemed kind of gay for being associated with chomos...

m73m95 04-04-2011 02:55 AM

Where in Littleton do you live? I used to live right off of Kipling, and Garrison.

DanaT 04-04-2011 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by hevquip (Post 8440965)
My friends have seen the front wheels of new and old school Camaros lift off the ground in stoplight races and told me about riding the streets in 9 second GTOs.

Uh huh.

A 9 second street camaro at 5800ft is a 13 second car once it is actually on the track at Bandimere. I have not yet figured out why there are so many 9 and 10 second street cars waiting in line to get into Bandimere yet there aren't very on the inside of the gates. Why do the cars gain 3 to 6 second in the quarter mile just going through the gates at Bandimere?

I never knew littleton was the "car mecca" on Denver. When I used to misbehave, the street racing crowd certainly didn't hang out there...

-Dana

anders44 04-04-2011 01:28 PM

I can't wait for the streets to be swept here. most of snow is melted.. right now my car only spines out wickedly on my micky thompsons... no chance of wheelies as it should do :o guessing the just above freezing temps doesnt help

racerxrick 04-04-2011 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by anders44 (Post 8441827)
I can't wait for the streets to be swept here. most of snow is melted.. right now my car only spines out wickedly on my micky thompsons... no chance of wheelies as it should do :o guessing the just above freezing temps doesnt help

ah....just now thawing out huh! Always nice to hear from those in the tundra :bigbye:

hevquip 04-04-2011 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by m73m95 (Post 8440990)
Where in Littleton do you live? I used to live right off of Kipling, and Garrison.

I live off Kipling right before Belleview.

Originally Posted by DanaT (Post 8441806)
Uh huh.

A 9 second street camaro at 5800ft is a 13 second car once it is actually on the track at Bandimere. I have not yet figured out why there are so many 9 and 10 second street cars waiting in line to get into Bandimere yet there aren't very on the inside of the gates. Why do the cars gain 3 to 6 second in the quarter mile just going through the gates at Bandimere?

I never knew littleton was the "car mecca" on Denver. When I used to misbehave, the street racing crowd certainly didn't hang out there...

-Dana

I have seen what I've seen. People do take their ridiculously fast cars for drives out here, some of which I'd even swear up and down can't be doing it legally when you look at how maxed out their vehicle is, but if they want to do it and can get away with it, then more power to them.

piperporsche180944 04-04-2011 10:21 PM

There are 9-10 second cars all over here in Michigan.

minho78 04-04-2011 11:56 PM

Guys, our cars are fast. But a 135 or a 335 is also a fast car with some minor mods. By the way have you guys seen the 2012 M5? Thats a sweet machine. My neighbors son has a 2010 if I'm not mistaken, Ahhh the exhaust sound.

racerxrick 04-05-2011 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by minho78 (Post 8443742)
Guys, our cars are fast. But a 135 or a 335 is also a fast car with some minor mods. By the way have you guys seen the 2012 M5? Thats a sweet machine. My neighbors son has a 2010 if I'm not mistaken, Ahhh the exhaust sound.

agreed wholeheartedly! We have a number of mildly modified 335i's that are fun to watch at the dragstrip around here. The 135 was quick too...our cars are light and once rolling will accelerate well. Mine has no hesitation once the boost is on! I WILL NOT jump on my car from a dead stop...too much stress.