Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Making a high mileage commuter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 05:49 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by odb812
Have any of you read posts on Prius forums? I was googling the internets the other day and a search led me to prius forums. This is the general message I got: If you buy a car/advertise a car/sell a car based on it's performance, you are a renegade loose cannon who is a danger to society while behind the wheel and may God have mercy on your soul.
Oh....they must be the same ones that drive slow...IN THE FAST LANE!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:22 PM
odb812
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by racerxrick
Oh....they must be the same ones that drive slow...IN THE FAST LANE!
States don't give hybrids unrestricted HOV access because they care about the environment, it's so they can slow everyone else down while generating revenue.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by odb812
Have any of you read posts on Prius forums? I was googling the internets the other day and a search led me to prius forums. This is the general message I got: If you buy a car/advertise a car/sell a car based on it's performance, you are a renegade loose cannon who is a danger to society while behind the wheel and may God have mercy on your soul.
There was one thread where they were extolling the virtues of their awesome CVT+hybrid car's ability to leap off the line faster than other cars.

Prius, fastest car from 0 to 6mph.

Not making this up.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:28 PM
hevquip
Racer

Originally Posted by Scott H
There was one thread where they were extolling the virtues of their awesome CVT+hybrid car's ability to leap off the line faster than other cars.

Not making this up.
Pfft, I bet I can beat one to 6 MPH on my bicycle.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:48 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

I am dying here...
Old 03-31-2011, 08:52 PM
odb812
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Scott H

Not making this up.
They may be one of the quicker cars to 6mph, but who gives a ****?

My dd is an RSX-S and every day on my way to and from work I have at least one Prius try to race me on the Richmond Pkwy. The owners feel the instantaneous torque of the electric motor and think it's fast.

On the other hand, I saw a guy auto-x a Prius when I used to live in Blacksburg. I was pretty impressed(mostly with the driving) and looked up how he did on a few local events. He actually beat some impressive cars like a newer STI. I think in the end, though, the results were more of a reflection on skills than equipment.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:37 PM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Not making this up.
Great a Prius Cult... Environmentalize the Unbelievers!... "Solar Panels?! Dear God No Spare me high and Environmentally Sound Prius"

:P

Quick Reply: Making a high mileage commuter?