Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

DIY Auxiliary Cooling Pump Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 03:21 AM
ali4
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DIY Auxiliary Cooling Pump Help

Hi - I just bought a 87 944 Turbo and do not hear the Auxiliary Cooling Pump after the car is turned off and I see a small leak on the Auxiliary Cooling Pump itself.

I found the pump online for about $50 on ebay, and wanted to know if anyone has instructions on how to install the Auxiliary Cooling Pump. Is it an easy DIY? Any details would be great thanks.

Also would any pump from a 944 turbo work or are they different year to year?
Old 03-29-2011, 03:48 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ali4
Hi - I just bought a 87 944 Turbo and do not hear the Auxiliary Cooling Pump after the car is turned off and I see a small leak on the Auxiliary Cooling Pump itself.

I found the pump online for about $50 on ebay, and wanted to know if anyone has instructions on how to install the Auxiliary Cooling Pump. Is it an easy DIY? Any details would be great thanks.

First you may be able to fix that yourself, if there is only a leak but if its not going on, then there may be an issue elsewhere or with the pump itself? I believe there is a switch that when the engine is shut off it runs the pump for a few minutes? As for the leak, I was able to find a new O ring, after a lot of searching... at OSH. I think it was like a buck for two O-rings. The top of the pump is easily removed with a few screws. The only issue with non Porsche pumps is the electrical plug connection
I don't know if the different model year pumps differ from one another?
As for installing an new one, its pretty straight forward .. Just reverse the un-install
Its tight in there, just like every damn thing in this car...
Good luck
Regards
Ed
Old 03-29-2011, 12:10 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ali4

Yes, it is an easy DIY. Good luck.

Quick Reply: DIY Auxiliary Cooling Pump Help