Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

stumble/stutter at 4000 rpm (FIXED!!!!!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Something to think about –
65psi is way too high for a stock system, the stock FPR is a 2.5 bar regulator. You should see approx. 36psi with the vacuum line to the FRP disconnected. The fuel pressure will go up in a linear fashion to the manifold pressure, so with 12psi of boost you should see 48psi – not 65!

This explains the rich readings you are getting. It also explains the misfire and lean reading. If you go too rich the engine will eventually misfire and when it does the oxygen is not being burned and the O2 sensor reads that as a lean condition.

BTW – the picture of the cut wires has got me really interested. Where do the cut wires lead too? They do not look familiar to me (which is pretty odd, I can ID just about anything usually!). The bellhousing bracket is also pretty odd too!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:56 AM
max_boost951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Identified the cut wires. They belonged to the stock fuel injector harness. Fuel injection harness was replaced with a Lindsey Racing harness from last DME zap. As for the suzy homemaker bracket, who knows. I will perform the ole bracket delete kit.

The problem was in the circuit board of the computer. Traced the pins back and found an open to an injector driver and timing control. I soldered one joint and had to add two jumper wires for the other two opens.

Thanks everyone for your help. Much appreciated.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Your fuel pressure is still way out of whack.....
Old 04-03-2011, 09:24 AM
max_boost951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll have to recheck fuel pressure. i was using a a old transmission pressure gauge as that was the only thing i could find with a long enough hose. I was just trying to see if the fuel pump could supply the needed volume.

Quick Reply: stumble/stutter at 4000 rpm (FIXED!!!!!!!)