Just my luck with control arm ER monoballs??? NOISY

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 02:01 PM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just my luck with control arm ER monoballs??? NOISY

I'll keep it short

1st time same noise with a pop and traveled with the MB from one control arm to the other. Creaking felt directly on MB location. If you loosen it the noise stops.

1 of 2 silent

I sent the first one back to ER they couldn't test it on a car but said they could not see anything wrong with it. I made a deal with Chuck as he could not see anything wrong with it that I would buy another and if it was silent then I would pay for it.

Bought a replacement 3rd one.. quite for a few weeks then this noise. I thought maybe it will go away. It did not over an entire season including track days. I thought maybe if the direction was switched as they have no handedness it might change something for this season.

2 of 3 Creaky...

Thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Monoball noise.mp3.zip (145.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Musche
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the same thing with mine. I could feel the pop in the floorboard(no carpet in the racecar) when going over anything but smooth road. I took them back off and pulled the seal back and sprayed some delayed viscosity penetrating oil in there and reassembled. They were still very tight and hard to move around. I had the pop only not as loud and after a couple of sessioins it went away. NO issues since.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:11 PM
ThirdPedal
Advanced

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I have a set of Racer's Edge mounts that make this exact same noise. Besides Musche's suggestion (which I've tried) OP, did you have any success?
Old 12-22-2011, 11:07 PM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

Wurth HHS 2000 seems to do the trick
Old 12-23-2011, 04:30 PM
ThirdPedal
Advanced

I'll give it a whirl. I tried graphite spray to no avail, but was cautioned by many to be selective with lubricants (no grease, etc). Thanks for the suggestion, off to track down some Wurth HHS 2000.

Quick Reply: Just my luck with control arm ER monoballs??? NOISY