Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

fuel pressure gauge

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 09:00 PM
patd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post fuel pressure gauge

Who carries those cute tiny fuel pressure gauges that fit on the end of the fuel rail?

Would like to buy one new or used.
Old 12-06-2001, 10:08 PM
Kierf - ¿§?
Racer

I carry fuel pressure gauges and all kinds of other stuff on my websites. Check out www.mr2parts.com and click Accessories. There, you'll see the gauges. HKS and Blitz both make fuel pressure gauges, but they aren't the kind that fit on the fuel rail.

I also have boost controllers and other good stuff in the Turbo and Electronics sections.
Old 12-06-2001, 10:39 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All sorts of people carry a liquid filled
1 1/2" gauge with 1/8" NPT threads. Some people have drilled and tapped the fuel rail nut to get a gauge on. Powerhaus has one that has the metric adaptor, 18" of s.s. braided hose, gauge clamp, and gauge for about $125 or $145,,can't remember. This hose and gauge clamp allow you to mount the fuel gauge in several locations.
Old 12-06-2001, 10:59 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
$175 for the Powerhaus Kit.

It is very nice, but too rich for my blood. I could make one of the same quality for $100. I think I will!
Old 12-07-2001, 01:50 AM
86944turbo
Racer

Fuel pressure gauges on turbos are very important. You may want to consider installing one where you can view it while driving, so that you, or a passenger, can view it when it's really important (on boost). I recommend the glove box. You can also check the static fuel pressure without opening the hood.
Old 12-07-2001, 09:56 AM
keith
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
stay away from the little Summit gauge, mine MELTED.

Anyway, I want to step up to an adjustable fuel pressure regulator with the gauge mounted on that, on the firewall, and upgrade my fuel lines at the same time.

I have been looking, but all these things go for ~200 bucks and up! There are also several different brands, and I can't seem to get any info as to whether there are quality differences/features between brands I should be aware of...

Also, I'm not sure if rising rate would be beneficial, or simply adjustable is all I need?

Back on topic: VDO has a GREAT 1.5" fuel pressure gauge available for ~35.00
Old 12-07-2001, 12:55 PM
IanM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a little VDO fuel pressure gauge from Huntley Racing, didn't cost much, something like $20 or $30. I drilled and tapped my fuel rail nut, and had the thing installed in no time at all. When adjusting my fuel pressure regulator (at idle, with vacuum hose disconnected), the needle on my gauge does bounce around quite a bit. I put in a new fuel damper, but it didn't make a difference. Apparently the best way to avoid this is to isolate the gauge away from the fuel rail. Some people tap a steel-braided hose to the fuel rail, and install the gauge in a custom housing off to the side. I don't really see the point in the effort really. Just split the difference on the needle readings, and you'll be close. As a check, just turn off the car and see what it reads. As long as the check valve next to your fuel pump is working, the gauge will register that pressure for quite a while before it slowly dissipates down.

Quick Reply: fuel pressure gauge