Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Programmable EFI Systems

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 06:02 PM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Programmable EFI Systems

Does anyone have any experience with speed/density programmable engine management
systems(SDS, Haltech, etc.). How difficult is the harness/sensor mounting? Has it lived
up to your expectations?
Old 12-07-2001, 05:53 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

I have the SDS system installed in my car.

Sensor mounting requires a bit of tweaking. It took about a day of driving/tweaking to get the SDS to pickup the magnet perfectly (it misses every 5 or so minutes). It's as simple as 2 screws for adjustments.

It's lived up to my expectations thus far. My only complaint is SDS doesn't work well on the water temp sensor that comes with our cars. When the temp dips past -3C, cold starts are terrible. I drive my car in winter so I can't park outside anymore. My heated garage is fine though, as well as underground parking at work =).

As for performance, I will update my mod thread when I get my injectors installed. Stock injectors maxxed out on me.

They are making a new version of software for me to fix this issue for me, so if it can be fixed, I'll be happy.
Old 12-07-2001, 06:27 PM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

Talking

Originally posted by rage2:
<STRONG>I have the SDS system installed in my car.

Sensor mounting requires a bit of tweaking. It took about a day of driving/tweaking to get the SDS to pickup the magnet perfectly (it misses every 5 or so minutes). It's as simple as 2 screws for adjustments.

It's lived up to my expectations thus far. My only complaint is SDS doesn't work well on the water temp sensor that comes with our cars. When the temp dips past -3C, cold starts are terrible. I drive my car in winter so I can't park outside anymore. My heated garage is fine though, as well as underground parking at work =).

As for performance, I will update my mod thread when I get my injectors installed. Stock injectors maxxed out on me.

They are making a new version of software for me to fix this issue for me, so if it can be fixed, I'll be happy.</STRONG>
Thanks, rage2. Which SDS
permutation are you using? What kind of power gains do you think you've had? What kind of drivability losses(if any) have you had. What kind of crazy intake for the turbo
have you gone to with the silly AFM out of the way? Russ
Old 12-08-2001, 01:00 AM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rage,

What did the SdS system go for $$?
Old 12-08-2001, 06:48 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

I'm using the EM-3F system.

Performance gains thus far, better fuel economy when not on boost, power is hard to determine as I changed a lot of stuff. See My 951 Mod Story for more details.

Drivability is the same, like I said, only cold start issues. I got the new software from SDS, it's being installed today, so we'll see how the cold start goes after this upgrade.

The intake is straight to a K&N cone filter. See the complete installation pics here.

I paid about $2000 cdn for everything (sensors, backlit keypad, etc).

Quick Reply: Programmable EFI Systems