Power steering and brake cooling

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 10:47 PM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Power steering and brake cooling

Need help on finishing the cooling

I would like to put in a small radiator like PS cooler about where the stock one was, although it will take up much less room being 3x11. Rather then putting it right behind the fins of the bumper, I was going to put it back and up, allowing air flow to move in freely from the bumper and reach it. This would allow me to place an air ducting inlet in the location of the stock brake ducts in the fender well. Then I will run the 3 inch hose from the air duct to the backing plate.

I would hope that the air duct would pick up enough air to in that location as opposed to right behind the bumper. I know it will not be as effecient, but I would hope it will be adequate.

Thanks
Steve
Old 03-28-2011, 01:08 PM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If no one has had any problem w/ the stock PS cooler on the track, I will stick with it. Seemes to be the conensus from a few who track their cars.

I was looking for a change because I remembered reading a post of someone having problems w/ steering on a hot day at the track claiming the PS cooler was not helping.

But it would make life much easier to keep it and not have to worry about directing air flow to it.

Steve

Quick Reply: Power steering and brake cooling