Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Shudder and no boost... vaccum leak?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 06:10 PM
nickhance
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Shudder and no boost... vaccum leak?

The car is running GREAT! It's awesome to be able to rip around without having to worry about losing coolant or messing up something.

However, I have had a few problems that I think may be related. Every once in a while, the car will idle high, at about 1600-1800 RPMS. It calms down after a little while, but it only has this problem occasionally. Also, I've noticed this twice, I have to have a vaccum leak or something. The car will be running great, but then I can feel a shudder, and I can't build boost. I can get to like 1.1 on the factory gauge but no further (while this happens, I can hear a hissing.. so it's obviously a vaccum leak.) Once again, after a few seconds, the problem disappears and I can't predict when it will come back. This shudder has occurred both while under boost and while off boost.

I'm pretty sure its a vaccumm leak, but is there any part that could be failing that would cause these two problems? If its a vaccum leak, it's got a spontaneous ability to fix itself, which is what I'd like all my problems to be, if I have to have problems.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:09 PM
coolhand
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the high idle, it may be a bad or misadjusted TPS. Does it only idle high when you get the shudder and no boost?

Quick Reply: Shudder and no boost... vaccum leak?