Clutch Issues/Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 04:09 PM
JaskulaR
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Clutch Issues/Question

Pretty bad happenings with my 951 yesterday:

I have a friend who drives a '78 911 daily. Yesterday he asked if I wanted to trade cars for the day. Thought this soudned like a good idea, so I agreed. Things went without a hitch all day until the evening. I was following him back to my house, and we were stopped at at hill. He began driving to make the turn, and he must have been riding the clutch reallllly bad because the next thing I saw was a HUGE cloud of white smoke comeing from all underneath the car. It was a harrowing (and smelly) experience to say the least).

This morning, about 14 hours after it happened, I took the car to my mechanic without a hitch, the clutch didn't even slip. He did say that from driving it around, the clutch didn't seem to be in very good shape, and he's goign to go and trake apart and investivgate some more...

My question is(car is bone stock, except for some suspension things, by the way): How much does a new clutch cost with labor and all? I'm certianly not looking forward to this bill... I'm also planning on starting to modify my car, will the new stock clutch be enough to handle added power (I'm not talking alot, just enough to get it around 300 HP)??

Thanks alot,

Rob

Quick Reply: Clutch Issues/Question