Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

a question of practicality

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003 | 12:25 PM
NerfRacing
Instructor

Post a question of practicality

so ive got this hairbrained scheme to replace every dial in my instrument cluster, with 2 a-pillar mounted gauges(fuel and oil pressure)and the digital boost controller and AFC-R from Apexi, anybody here think this is in the range of practicality like i do, not cost wise but is this going to be more hassle than its worth. also, does anyone have experience with the APEXI digital boost control?
Old 01-24-2003 | 01:54 AM
Mledbetter
Racer

Sorry, not on topic, but what do you think of your carbon-fiber hood? Whats the fit and finish like?

-Matt
Old 01-24-2003 | 03:46 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

wait, what would you replace the in-cluster gauges with? are you talking about doing a custom dash? if so i'd rather do like the motec data-logging digital dash (blue illum, would look nice w/ the apexi avc-r etc).

good luck! btw i'm curious too about the hood, pics? i assume on your red car it's painted... but i kinda want to see one unpainted since, on a black car i think it would be subtle but stand out enough to give a bit of the "Cool" factor w/o extending into "r1c3r" territory
Old 01-24-2003 | 07:30 AM
special tool
Banned

In my opinion, The A'pexi's are the best. They tell you everything but what you had for breakfast. What do you want to know about them?
Old 01-24-2003 | 10:41 AM
NerfRacing
Instructor

mledbetter - im very pleased that i found a carbon hood for a 951 in the first place, so i might be biased when i say that i think the fit and finish are both great. looks just as good as any ive seen on my friends cars.
dmoffit - well i would replace the speedo and tach with the avc - r( ithink thats what it is, it does speed, rpm ,,torque and g-force i think, probably more), the boost gauge with the digital boost control, i just remembered water temp though, maybe ill install a gauge plate under the cd player and just put oil pressure fuel level and water temp there. and no, my hood is unpainted because im planning on painting the car type r black pretty soon. ill get pics ASAP
Old 01-24-2003 | 04:20 PM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

I am a little confused with what you are saying. I can tell you about the Apexi AVC-R, that is a electronic boost controller. It will show you RPM, boost pressure, solenoid duty cycle and throttle position. It does have for speed and injector duty cycle but they are not compatible with our cars. Danno is working on something to make the injector duty cycle work. HTH

Quick Reply: a question of practicality