Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Be careful purchasing from other Rennlisters

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 04:18 PM
CurlyDE
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Be careful purchasing from other Rennlisters

Ask me how I know?!? No names will be mentioned, but just be careful buying from your fellow Rennlisters.

I lost a small amount of money at the end of November (checked cleared on Nov 29th) and still have not received the two items that I paid for from someone on the list. I sent several emails and pms and never got a response until I posted something a few weeks ago on a thread ... was told it would be sent out immediately (in the thread). An unanswered email and pm and a few weeks later still nothing.

I'm glad it wasn't much money.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:28 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
Call them out bro.... that is how you save the others.

I did a paypal a few weeks back for a part... have not heard on it yet. We'll see.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:52 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought a KLR and a dme. I have been told if it do not work he will get it back.
The DME do NOT WORK. I never heard back from him. with other I had better experience.

Konstantin
Old 01-22-2003, 06:01 PM
Sean Hall
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't be afraid to name names. Its not like they can't speak for themselves if there was a miscommunicatioin or something.

I've got a ton of stuf i plan to sell when i get around to it, and I don't want ppl gun-shy because of a few rotten apples.

-Sean
Old 01-22-2003, 06:24 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 534 Posts
I'll second Sean. I've sold several items to listers and have had great luck. The same goes for the buying side. Sometimes people's schedules don't allow enough time to get something out as quick as they thought possible. However, if the individual has had several chances to make it right let the list know. You'll be doing the rest of us a service. Probably the other guy as well as I'm sure he'll want to rectify the issue in a hurry.
Alan
Old 01-22-2003, 06:28 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

As a side note have any of you ever used the search function with the User's ID? I just tried Don's. Interesting.
Alan
Old 01-22-2003, 06:36 PM
white 944 turbo
Instructor

Curley DE,
Thats very sad. I do agree with Sean Hall you should mention names so nobody else gets burned.
Good luck.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:38 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts
Don,

I'll say it if you won't.

Tony G.

I have talked with him about this, because I am waiting for parts too, and I would really just like an update, and if you can't give me and update send me my money back.

So Tony Please respond.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:40 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's my experience with another Rennlister. Found an '83 944NA engine-block w/girdle & balance-shafts in the classifieds last August. Went and back and forth through emails and I agreed to pre-pay for the block, necessary final-stage lapping at a shop of his choice, and shipping out to California. Gave him about 4-weeks, then sent more emails (none returned) and called several times in early Oct. Finally got a call back from him, saying that the machine shop was yanking his chain and he'll take it to another one. Four more weeks passed and I emailed and called several more times with messages saying if I can't get my block by Dec. I'd rather get my money back. Not a peep from the guy since. So I guess I'm out $285.00, but a lesson well learned.

If anyone out in Arizona would like a $150 bounty-hunter fee here's the info:

Dan Brosman
10332 E. Clinton Street
Scottsdale, Az. 85260
480-391-2419
<moving2dan@msn.com>
Old 01-22-2003, 07:53 PM
tecart
Pro

i think tim richards and tony garcia are friends, try to call SFR and see if tony can be reached there, or try Derrick at huntly racing but try SFR first, just trying to help out, id hate to get burned, i sold here and never had a problem, nothing against SFR or tony but i dont like the sounds from above
Old 01-22-2003, 08:17 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
I have had nothing but good luck from Tim at SFR. Sure..his shipping is a little slow from time to time but that is to be expected when parts are custom made. I have bought and sold a few things here on rennlist, and so far things have been good.
Sorry to hear about all the bad experiences from the other rennlisters! If you have had a bad experience from someone please list the names so other do not get burned as well. Maybe John D can setup some kind of feedback in the selling areas?
Old 01-22-2003, 08:49 PM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

As a possible 'aide' in doing transactions, there's always ebay. Yea, it'd cost the seller a few cents to put up the ad, but it should be minimal (start it at $0.01 and then close everything out when the buyer puts in the first bid). That way there's at least Some sort of legal recourse - plus their already-established feedback system. Works well for payment through paypal too (if you like them, I'm on the fence) because you have buyers protection.

There are other places to do 'feedback' type reporting that might be beneficial (free, just a place to keep tabs) - or I'm certain that'd be an easy thing to intergrate into the forums here aswell if we were to request it.

doesn't really help in this instance, but might be of some help for others in the future.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:51 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

There's a service out there called escrow.com
When I sold a set of BBS wheels to a fellow lister he asked if I would mind using it. Looked like a safe way for a $2000.00 transaction. It did in fact work well. At each step both parties were informed of the others position in the transaction. After the buyers funds have cleared with escrow.com the seller is notified to ship. The seller sends the tracking number to escrow.com and the buyer gets the agreed to number of days to inspect the product. If all is well escrow.com releses the funds. Otherwise the item is returned and upon verification of return the buyer gets his funds back. Really simple.
Alan
Old 01-22-2003, 09:22 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
How much did the escrow cost?

I always feel safe using ebay to close transactions for the actual value (doesn't cost much) but not everyone uses it.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:13 PM
Dave E
Pro

I wish I thought of escrow.com!!! Anyone care to start a business?!

Quick Reply: Be careful purchasing from other Rennlisters